Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tomorrow's Shower

The water laces through my hair and trickles down the back of my neck.  The icy drops send shivers all down my spine, chilling me to my very core.  My hair is lathered with shampoo so my chances of getting out now and looking presentable are long gone.  I must brave the cold long enough to eliminate all the bubbles.  I stand there shaking violently, and brace myself for another rush of freezing water.  Just before I plunge, the water begins to warm ever so slightly.  I slowly move directly under the water as it continues to get warmer and warmer.  Ahhh... the first warm water I've felt in days.  It almost seems too good to be true.  Immersing my head under water I begin to wash out the shampoo and then, just as quickly as it came, it is gone again.  The warmth has disappeared and the ice-water sends sheer prickles through every pore of my body.  Desperately I wash the soap out of my hair as quickly as my trembling hands can manage.  Then, as quick as a panicked cat, I jump out of the bathtub and scramble to get dry.  Perhaps I'll be brave enough to condition in tomorrow's shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment