Sunday, May 12, 2013

Night Bus


Chair on a bus is your bed for the night,
What a dreadful thought, oh what a great fright.
An eight hour drive, with no end in sight,
In this chair on a bus, your bed for the night.

The seats lay down so it is not so bad,
But when we get there, I will be so glad.
Eight hours of this and I could be so mad,
But the seats lay down, so its not so bad.

He lies beside me and keeps me so warm,
From the cold that surrounds me in a swarm.
An eight hour drive, with hopes of no storm,
And he lies beside me, and keeps me warm.

It’s with great effort that I fall asleep,
But once I fall, I fall so very deep.
Eight hours of this, and I try to count sheep,
Only with effort will I fall asleep.

The morning has come but we see no sun,
The day has begun and soon will be fun.
An eight hour drive and we’re finally done,
The morning is here, without the bright sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment