Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Knights in Peru

As knights in Peru we've been blessed with many amazing experiences.  At 11,000 feet high, in an ancient imperial city, it often feels as though we're on top of the world.  From the culture to the scenery our minds and our eyes are never left for want.  There is so much history, from which we are learning and with cultural differences our eyes are being opened to a whole new world.   Majestic mountains with thousands of years worth of secrets, surround the city and watch over its inhabitants.  Each day I see them my heart grows fuller and prays that the image will stay fresh in my mind forever.  They say traveling is the only thing you buy that can make you richer, and I truly believe it.  For although my bank account is now empty, my heart and my mind are full.  

Although many lessons have been learned the most important of them all has nothing to do with history, culture or natural beauty.  The most important lesson learned was in the most unlikely state.  Over the past few days many of us have fallen ill and being sick in foreign country can open up a whole new level of discomfort.  It was during this discomfort that I was reminded that the gospel is true on no matter which continent.   During my weak and fallen state I was brought back to comfort with the power of the priesthood.  Oh how blessed I am to have been reminded that no matter what continent I am on, or what language is being spoken around me, Christ's love and gospel is steadfast and immovable.  The same yesterday, today and forever... no matter where you are!  My heart is full of gratitude for my worthy knights in Peru.



No comments:

Post a Comment