Friday, April 26, 2013

Ticket to Ride

Roller coasters have always been a thrill for me.  I love the building anticipation as it starts and slowly makes its way to the top.  I love the sinking feeling in my stomach as the car crawls over the first hill and how my insides lurch as I begin to feel the rush of the descent.  Feeling the wind rush through my hair as we race down the tracks is exhilarating and refreshing at the same time.  I love the thirty seconds of up, down, and around excitement.

As much as I love roller coasters, I hate yours.  Roller coasters were meant to be ridden with friends but you've created your own and then sent me on a ride alone.  At first it was okay because I like roller coasters.  The beginning thrill was fun but roller coasters weren't meant to be ridden for too long and yours has no end in sight.  The never-ending exhilaration of the hills and loops is making me dizzy; nauseous even.  Which is quite an accomplishment I must say; it usually takes a lot to make me sick on a ride.  You've built up the anticipation greatly but now instead of lurching with excitement, my stomach is just lurching.  The rush is not refreshing it is only sickening.  I can't handle these up and down motions for much longer; if at all anymore.  I love you but if you keep making me ride this roller coaster alone I'm going to puke.  Join me on a different ride or watch me jump off of this one.  You might think that I won't survive a jump but you have no idea just how resilient I can be.  You've given me a ticket to ride, but if you don't reconstruct this ride soon you're going to watch me cash in your ticket for a ride that's worth experiencing.  One that gives me that exhilarating rush that I love and deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment