Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cracking the wall

The touch of your warm hand sends through my body a pulse.  A pulse that travels through every nerve until it finds its way to my heart, where it is abruptly halted.  Halted by a thick glass wall that surrounds my heart.  My heart beats steadily inside, protected from outside forces.  Forces that they call love.  Love, as if I even know what it is supposed to mean.  It means to me heartbreak and disappointment.  Disappointment because no man has ever been able to break the wall.  The wall only grows thicker with every attempt.  Every attempt is different.  Different because some use bricks, some use hammers, some use daggers and some do not even try.  Try something less fierce.  Fierce will only anger the wall.  The wall that is so terrifying already.  Already many have failed and I have lost hope.  Hope that true love will crack the wall open before it becomes impossible.  Impossible is just around the corner, approaching swiftly.  Swiftly coming to seal the wall forever.  Forever is a long time to be alone.  Alone, trapped in a glass wall, looking out and longing for the happiness I see around.  Around the wall your pulse waits.  Waits for me to let you in.  In the wall is where I want you, but I need your help.  Help me let you inside.  Inside the wall I fight but my heart fights back.  Back in time it reminds me of a time from before.  Before now, when you thickened the wall.  The wall waits for you to prove yourself worthy.  Worthy of another attempt, while on the inside I scream.  I scream to you that you are worthy but the wall is sound proof.  Proof is all my heart needs to crack the wall.  Cracking the wall will not come by force, but by your gentle touch.  Your gentle touch is all I need.  All I need to tell my heart that it is okay.  Okay for you to come inside the walls.  The walls that only you can crack.  A crack that can only be formed by the pulsating brought by the touch of your warm hand.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment